About DCCCD(Dallas County Community College District)
The Dallas County Community College (DCCCD) is one of the largest community college systems in Texas. It is established in the year 1965. The Dallas County Community College District was founded as Dallas County Junior College District in 1965, and became known by its current name in 1972. It is a group of seven different community colleges in Dallas County, Texas (USA). The DCCCD offers associate degree and career/technical certificate programs in more than 100 areas of study, including one and two-year certificates and degrees.
The seven community colleges each located in:
- El Centro college in Dallas
- North Lake college in Irving
- Brookhaven college in Farmers Branch
- Cedar valley college in Lancaster
- Eastfield college in Mesquite
- Richland college near Richardson
- Mountain View college near Western Park
The DCCCD is headquartered at 1601 S.Lamar St. in Dallas. The DCCCD serves more than 70,000 students annually in academic, continuing education and adult education programs. An average of 4,000 administrative staff is managed by DCCCD.
The official service area of DCCCD includes the following:
- all of Dallas County
- all territory included in the Carrollton Farmers Branch Independent School District.
In addition to system of colleges, DCCCD also has a large distance learning program that utilizes the internet and videoconferencing which serves more than 17,000 students, known as Dallas Colleges Online.
DCCCD maintains an “open-door” admissions policy regarding new students, allowing many people to attend college who otherwise might not be able to do so.
The Dallas County Community College Department offers the Blackboard facility to its students enabling them to access various education materials and information .
https://dcccd.blackboard.com is a link to the DCCCD Blackboard.
DCCCD Blackboard login
Process to login Blackboard for new students enrolled in DCCCD:
First time to log in to eCampus
- Find the “Login Here” box above.
The eCampus username is the 7-digit student ID preceded by a lowercase “e” (e.g.: e9876543).
- The eCampus password is not the same as the eConnect password. The initial password should be the same as the username.
- If you cannot log in, use the “Forgot Your Password?” link in the “Login Here” module above and an email with instructions for resetting your password will be sent to the email address that you have in eCampus, which is the same email you have in eConnect.
- On your first successful login, you will be prompted to change your password. Please select the logout button when you leave eCampus in order to end your session. Simply closing your browser will NOT log you out.
Self-Enroll in a course
You can self enroll in a course in the DCCCD student blackboard
To self enroll in a course:
- Click Login
- Type your Username and Password.
- Click Log in.
- Log into the site.
- Locate the course.
Select the All courses button to search for your course.
Navigate to Courses and search for your course.
- Select the Course category.
- Type the name of the course.
- Select Go for the list of courses.
- Select the course to open.
- Log in to the site.
- Locate the course you would like to enroll in and select the course title.
- For courses in themes other than Snap: The self-enroll screen displays.
In the Snap theme: Select Course Dashboard > Enroll me in this course.
- Type the Enrollment key if needed.
- Click Enroll me. The course will display
eConnect is a web interface that provides a variety of online services to DCCCD students, faculty, and staff.
eConnect allows credit students to:
- Complete an admissions application
- Select/plan course work for degree completion (eAdvising)
- Plan a schedule for one or more terms
- Search, register for, and pay for credit classes (if eligible)
- Set up and pay on a payment plan
- View class schedules and grades
- View and print unofficial degree plans
- Access financial information
- Access student records
- Update email addresses and phone numbers
- Fill out a Student Information Profile
- Request privacy of student directory information
The econnect website link is https://econnect.dcccd.edu
DCCCD Econnect login:
The students and staff can login to DCCCD econnect from the above link
By selecting login option on the top right in the page
For new students to login to the econnect website :
Go to Set Up My eConnect Account in website and complete the two part form.
- Open the econnect link.
- Click on login option on top right corner.
- Type your student username and password and login to your account.
You can use DCCCD Student Email (Microsoft Outlook) to communicate with other students, faculty, staff and anyone else who has an email address. It’s free for students.
Once you’re registered for classes you can login with your eConnect username and password and start using DCCCD Student Email right away.
Access your DCCCD student email: http://outlook.dcccd.edu
DCCCD Email login:
- Open the above link in Browser
- Click on the student portal option
- You can login to your student email by using your email, phone or skype ID
- Now enter the password and login to your student email
DCCCD Contact information:
Business Office: 972-669-6574
Financial Aid: 972-587-2599
Tech Support: 866-374-7169
Toll Free: 888-468-4268
Contact in person: LeCroy Center
9596 Walnut Street
Dallas, TX 75243